Who Are We?
Rensselaer Outing Club is an active group of students, faculty and alumni that share a love for high adventure. We are proud to be one of the largest clubs at RPI, providing year-round outdoor activities for all of our members. If you enjoy hiking, caving, kayaking, biking, rafting, climbing, or skiing, come to one of our meetings.
- John's Private Anchor Lessons, Jan 24 (John Obermiller)
- Beginner Overnight in the DAKs, Jan 25 (Ethan Cantlin)
- Beginner Ice Climbing, Jan 26 (John Obermiller)
- WFA + CPR, Jan 26 (Elena Perez)
- Skiing around Heart Lake, Jan 27 (Elena Perez)
- Anchor Clinic, Jan 28 (Ethan Cantlin)
- Leadership Course, Jan 29 (Ethan Cantlin)
- Winter Carnival Weekends @ Lake George, Feb 2 (Elena Perez)
- Cave Skating w/ Skidmore , Feb 9 (Jesse Norman)
- Cave Rescue Course, May 11 (Greg Cowan)
Meetings are held every Wednesday in Sage 3510 at 8:00pm!
Come by early to hang out and watch cool videos, or stay late for one of our Executive Committee meetings!
Becoming a member
If you are brand new to the club, you can join ROC by visiting our Become a Member page, coming to any of our weekly meetings, or stop by the pit during open hours.
There is a membership fee for all new and renewing members:
- RPI Grad/Undergrad Student, Full Year: $40
- RPI Grad/Undergrad Student, Half Year: $25
- Non-RPI (including Alumni), Full Year: $55
Mon/Thurs from 7:30-9:15pm
Location: The Pit is located in the basement of the Armory, in the back left corner of the fencing gym.
Make sure to grab all the gear you need before the weekend and return it as soon as you can. Gear can only be rented by active members, you can sign up for the club on the Become a Member page. You can then pay your dues in the pit.
Immediately following Pit Hours is pool session, so come learn to kayak! The pit is also a great place to do some volunteer hours. Hours are required to become a patch member.
Tues/Thurs from 9:45-11:30pm
Location: The Robison Pool in the Armory
It doesnt matter if you're a complete beginner or a seasoned kayaker trying to learn some tricks. Come to the pool and learn everything from a basic paddle to a double-pump and cartwheel.
|Vice President||Ariana Gerdis|
|Pit Chair||Jesse Norman|
|Cairn Editor||Elena Perez|
|Member at Large||Jaiden Sakamoto|